The Academy of Country Music Awards will once again honor the best talent of the genre when the ACMs air live from Las Vegas tonight on CBS. And while the music of country artists is known to recount sad stories of lost love and redemption, it’s often the books written by and about the artists that tell the most compelling tales. Here at WaveCloud, we’ve created the following list of our favorite books detailing all the heart-wrenching stories of country’s best and brightest. What are your favorites?
1. Coal Miner’s Daughter, Loretta Lynn
2. House of Cash: The Legacies of my Father, John Carter Cash
3. Patsy Cline: Honky Tonk Angel, Ellis Nassour
4. My Life and Other Unfinished Business, Dolly Parton
5. George Strait: The Story of Country’s Living Legend, Mark Bego